Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, April 22, 2010

You grow girl...





I decided to make a gardening gift for a wonderful challenge on The Greeting Farm. The challenge was to make a gift with at least 3 items using TGF stamps. This is my creation. My niece is giving it to her friend and I hope she likes it.
I have had the idea brewing in my mind for a long time about stamping a flower a pot for a gift. So here is my attempt at this. This was harder than I thought and if I do any more in the future which of course I will. I think I will refine my technique. Any how you can't use copics on latex paint and I can't paint worth a darn so I used permanent felt markers...Then I made TGF Anya's to match the flower packets. Yoga Anya for morning glories, 80's Anya for Zinnia's, and 60's Anya for Wild flowers. I then added some coloured twine in bundles, gardening gloves, and ties. The lotion of course, as we all know what working in dirt does to our hands, I added a sweet quote "Let us be grateful to people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom" ~ Marcel Proust. I do hope you like it and please may this inspire you to make a gift for someone and think out of the box with your stamping. I do realize this is a busy looking piece but I can't help it when I think gardening well colours just need to be everywhere...Thank you for stopping by and take care.




5 comments:

Vanessa (aka V'ness, Nessa, oldschool) said...

I am sure she will love it T!

Cindye Wile said...

what a gorgeous gift. :):)

Randi said...

WOW! What an incredible gift project!!! Who wouldn't LOVE a gift like that!?! So much wonderful color and details!! And, great quote you added! Your niece is very lucky and I'm sure she'll love it!

Marsha said...

Oh my gosh ! This is such a cute project ! Love everything about it ;-) Great idea and i'm sure your nieces friend will looooove it :-D

Marsha

Shaz said...

This is a great little gift set!